Friday 17 June 2011

Wahhhhh Damn You Angus!

I have just watched AC/DC's new DVD, Live At River Plate and all it's done is make me wish that they would come back to Scotland!

I can't believe it's almost 2 years since they rocked Hampden and my god I have missed them. At least there is lots of tribute acts that can satisfy my need for rock until they may decide to tour again as Brian Johnson hasn't ruled out the possibility so...I shall hold onto that hope.

This year, however also holds a very significant time for AC/DC as on the 6th of July it would have been Bon Scott's 65th birthday if he had not sadly passed away. It's so true the saying that the good die young.

But, I have discovered something very exciting that Bon's hometown are doing. On the 6th of July for an undisclosed number of weeks, Kirriemuir's Gateway to the Glens musuem are holding a one off exhibition of Bon Scott memorabilia.

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'm so excited! it only takes 3 and a half hours or so on the bus to get there so it means boarding the bus at 6 in the morning but that's not so bad to see something truely spectacular which, in all possibillity may never be seen again?

I can't wait xD hopefully by then I will have my tattoo done, a fitting tribute to AC/DC on my wrist saying 'Let There Be Rock'

All I can say is Bon Scott, here I come...

No comments: